with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Crispy Brussels Sprout Gremolata
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and finely diced
- 4 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 5 oz dried gluten-free penne
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 2 oz teen spinach
- 1 lemon, zested, and one half juiced (divided)
- ¼ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425° F. Add sweet potato, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to one side of a foil-lined baking sheet and toss. Add Brussels sprouts, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to the other side of the baking sheet and toss. Roast until veggies are tender and browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Add almonds to the Brussels sprouts and roast for another 2 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: If the Brussels sprouts start to brown before the sweet potatoes are done, transfer them to a plate and let the Brussels sprouts continue to cook.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Add pasta, stir, and cook until al dente, 5 to 7 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside. (4-serving meal: use ½ cup pasta water) TIP: We will use this pot again in the next step.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the large pot over low heat. Add just half the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add pasta water, cream cheese, and a pinch of black pepper and whisk until smooth. Add pasta, spinach, sweet potatoes, and just 1 tsp lemon juice and stir to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp lemon juice)
Toss the Brussels sprouts and almonds with the remaining garlic, lemon zest, and parsley directly on the baking sheet.
Divide the penne alfredo between plates. Top with crispy Brussels sprout gremolata. Serve with extra lemon wedges. Dig in!