with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Crispy Brussels Sprout Gremolata
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and finely diced
- 6 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 5 oz dried gluten-free penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 oz teen spinach
- 1 lemon, zested, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- 0.25 oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Add sweet potato, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to one side of a foil-lined baking sheet and toss. Add Brussels sprouts, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to the other side of the baking sheet and toss. Roast until veggies are tender and browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Add almonds to the Brussels sprouts and roast for another 2 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp olive oil). TIP: If the Brussels sprouts start to brown before the sweet potatoes are done, transfer them to a plate and let the sweet potatoes continue to cook.
Add pasta to the boiling water, stir, and cook until al dente, 9 to 11 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside. Set aside the pot for the next step. (4-serving meal: reserve ½ cup pasta water).
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the large pot over low heat. Add just half the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add pasta water, cream cheese, and a pinch of black pepper and whisk until smooth. Add pasta, spinach, roasted sweet potatoes, and just 1 tsp lemon juice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp lemon juice).
Toss the Brussels sprouts and almonds with the remaining garlic, lemon zest, and parsley directly on the baking sheet.
Divide the penne alfredo between plates. Top with crispy Brussels sprout gremolata. Serve with lemon wedges. Dig in!