Pesto Beet Bowls
with Lemon Chive Butter Beans & Wild Rice
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- ⅔ cup wild rice blend
- 1 tsp French mustard & herb blend
- 4 tsp vegetable broth concentrate
- 1 beet, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 13.4 oz butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, zested, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- ¼ oz fresh chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup vegan basil pesto
- 1 tsp vegetable oil*
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add wild rice blend,1½ cups water, French mustard & herb blend, vegetable broth concentrate, and a pinch of salt to the saucepan with the carrots and stir. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and grains are tender, 28 to 32 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil, 3 cups water)
Add beet, 2 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Roast until tender, 16 to 20 minutes. Add white balsamic vinegar to the roasted beets and toss directly on the baking sheet. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil) TIP: Beets can stain cutting boards and other surfaces, so be careful!
Add butter beans, just 1 tsp lemon zest, lemon juice, chives, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Toss the lemon chive butter beans. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp lemon zest, 2 tbsp olive oil)
Divide the wild rice, beets, and lemon chive butter beans between bowls. Dollop with pesto and sprinkle with remaining lemon zest. Enjoy!