with Avocado & Roasted Corn Salsa
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup Spanish rice
- 2 poblano peppers, halved, trimmed and cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn, shucked and kernels cut from the cob
- 1 avocado, diced (pit removed)
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges
- ¼ oz fresh cilantro, tender leaves and stems roughly chopped
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add Spanish rice and 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and rice is tender, 13 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water)
Set the broiler to high and position oven rack in the middle. Add poblano pepper, onion, corn kernels, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt to a baking sheet, and toss. Broil the corn salsa until onions are translucent and peppers and corn are softened and lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: All broilers are different; watch closely to ensure veggies don’t burn.
Set the oven to 400°F. Add avocado, scallion, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to a medium bowl, and stir. Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in the oven, 3 to 4 minutes. TIP: If you prefer, you can use a toaster oven or microwave to heat the tortillas instead.
Add rice and roasted corn salsa to the tortillas. Dollop with avocado mixture and drizzle with hot sauce. Serve with lime wedges. ¡Buen provecho!