with Cumin Roasted Vegetables & Serrano Yogurt
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cup Spanish rice
- ¼ cup Forager Project® Organic Dairy-Free Cashewmilk Yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced (divided)
- 2 serrano peppers, halved, deseeded, and finely chopped (divided)
- 13.4 oz pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced (pit removed)
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potato, red bell pepper, shallot, serrano peppers, cumin seeds, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Roast until sweet potatoes are tender and peppers are charred, 18 to 20 minutes. Roughly chop the roasted serrano peppers and add to a small bowl. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add Spanish rice and 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and grains are tender, 13 to 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water)
To the small bowl with the serrano peppers, add yogurt, just 1 tsp lime juice, 1 tsp olive oil, and ¼ tsp salt and stir. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp lime juice, 2 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt)
Add pinto beans to the cooked rice. Divide the rice and beans between bowls. Top with cumin roasted vegetables, sliced avocado, and a dollop of serrano yogurt. Dig in!