Roasted Carrot Hummus Bowls
with Za’atar Vegetables & Cashew Cheese
Get Recipes Delivered
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and cut into 4-inch sticks
- 1 tbsp za'atar seasoning (divided)
- ½ cup bulgur wheat
- 1 multigrain flatbread
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced (divided)
- 13.4 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (divided)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 oz Peppadew® peppers
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add carrots to one side of a baking sheet and zucchini to the other side. Drizzle vegetables with 1 tbsp olive oil, and add just half the za’atar seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss, and roast vegetables until tender, 18 to 20 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: We'll use the oven again in the next step to toast the flatbread.
Add ½ cup water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add bulgur, cover, remove saucepan from heat, and let sit until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Place flatbread in the oven to toast, 5 to 7 minutes. Cut flatbread into 8 triangles. (4-serving meal: use 1 cup water, 16 triangles)
Add roasted za’atar carrots, garlic, just 2 tbsp lemon juice, just half the cannellini beans, tahini, and ½ tsp salt to a food processor, and pulse to combine. With the motor running, slowly add 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp water, and blend the roasted carrot hummus until smooth. (4-serving meal: use just 4 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, 4 tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsp water) TIP: Add more oil or water as necessary to achieve a smooth consistency.
Add remaining lemon juice to the cooked bulgur. Divide the roasted carrot hummus between large bowls. Top with bulgur, remaining beans, roasted za’atar zucchini sticks, and peppers. Dollop with herb garlic cheese and sprinkle with remaining za’atar seasoning. Serve with toasted flatbread. Enjoy!