Roasted Pear & Coconut Bacon Flatbreads
with Herbed Cashew Cheese
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- 2 multigrain flatbreads
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 2 oz baby arugula
- 1 oz balsamic glaze
- 2 tsp + 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- TIP: Preheat your oven before you start prepping ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add pear, 2 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to one side of a foil-lined baking sheet and toss. Add walnuts to the other side of the baking sheet. Place baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and roast until pears are soft and beginning to brown and nuts are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil)
Add tamari, maple syrup, just ¼ tsp liquid smoke, and a pinch of pepper to a small bowl and whisk until combined. (4-serving meal: use ½ tsp liquid smoke) TIP: Keep any remaining liquid smoke for your own use.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add syrup mixture and toasted coconut and toss to coat. Cook until slightly charred, stirring constantly to prevent burning, 5 to 7 minutes.
Toast flatbreads in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, herb garlic cheese, and 1 tbsp olive oil to a medium bowl, and mix the herbed cashew cheese until smooth. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Spread herbed cashew cheese on toasted flatbreads and top with roasted pears and coconut bacon. Cut the flatbreads into wedges and top with baby arugula. Drizzle with as much balsamic glaze as you like and sprinkle with walnuts. Dig in!