Roasted Red Pepper Shakshuka
with Za'atar Tofu & Crispy Shallots
Get Recipes Delivered
- 10 oz organic extra firm tofu, patted dry and crumbled
- 1 tbsp za'atar seasoning
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 oz roasted red peppers, drained
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 0.25 oz mint, leaves picked from the stems
- ¼ cup crispy shallots
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add tofu, 2 tsp olive oil, za’atar, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Bake until browned in places, 10 to 12 minutes.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, garlic, and cumin seeds. Cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add roasted red peppers, crushed tomatoes, ½ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
Place flatbreads directly on the oven rack and bake until slightly crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Add za’atar tofu to the sauce and simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the roasted red pepper shakshuka from heat and dollop with herb garlic cheese. Top with mint and crispy shallots. Serve family style with crispy flatbread on the side. Bon appétit!