Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Beluga Lentils
with Citrus Pecan Salad & Chipotle Crema
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup beluga lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 2 sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise and cut into wedges
- 2 oranges, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ oz fresh cilantro, leaves picked and tender stems reserved
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 2.5 oz Forager Project® Organic Dairy-Free Cashewmilk Yogurt
- ¼ tsp chipotle morita spice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Get Recipes Delivered
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add beluga lentils and 1¼ cups water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender and water is absorbed, 20 to 23 minutes. Drain any remaining water, transfer lentils to a bowl, and rinse the saucepan. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water) TIPS: To “sort” lentils (as noted in the ingredient list) means to look for and discard any naturally occurring debris or stones. We will use this saucepan again.
Add sweet potatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Place wedges cut side down and roast until tender, 22 to 26 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add orange, cilantro leaves and tender stems, pecans, and a pinch of salt to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Crumble herb garlic cheese into the bowl and gently toss the citrus pecan salad.
Add yogurt and ⅛ tsp chipotle morita spice to a small bowl and stir the chipotle crema. (4-serving meal: use ¼ tsp chipotle morita spice) TIP: Add more chipotle morita spice if you prefer.
Return the medium saucepan to medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and cook until golden and toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add lentils and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Taste and add salt as needed. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Slightly mash the roasted sweet potatoes with a fork. Divide chipotle crema between large plates. Top with roasted sweet potatoes, beluga lentils, and citrus pecan salad. Drizzle with olive oil. Dig in!