Roasted Sweet Potatoes
with Spicy Cashew Sauce & Kraut
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup cashews (divided)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp agave
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper flakes
- 8 oz Swiss chard, leaves and stems thinly sliced
- 1 lime, one half juiced, one half cut into wedges (divided)
- 4 oz sauerkraut
- 1 Thai chile, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not Included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potatoes, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Arrange potatoes cut side down and bake until tender, 22 to 26 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Add garlic, just ⅓ cup cashews, rice vinegar, agave, tamari, Aleppo pepper flakes, 2 tbsp olive oil, and 3 tbsp warm water to a blender. Blend the spicy cashew sauce until smooth. Taste, and add salt as necessary. (4-serving meal: use ⅔ cup cashews, 4 tbsp olive oil, 6 tbsp warm water) TIP: If you prefer more garlic, add another clove.
Add remaining cashews to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and toast, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer toasted cashews to a cutting board and roughly chop.
Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Swiss chard and cook until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add lime juice and a pinch of salt. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil)
Divide the sautéed Swiss chard between plates. Top with sweet potatoes and sauerkraut. Drizzle with spicy cashew sauce and sprinkle with chopped cashews and Thai chile. Serve with lime wedges. Bon appétit! TIP: Wash your hands and cutting board well after handling the chile.