Greek Seitan Gyros
with Quick Pickles & Tzatziki
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 cucumber, half thinly sliced, half reserved for your own use
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 oz Champagne vinegar
- 8 oz seitan, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp ras el hanout
- 2 flatbreads
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 0.25 oz fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup vegan tzatziki
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat oven to 350°F for toasting the flatbreads. Add sliced cucumber, red onion, Champagne vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and toss to coat. Set quick pickles aside.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add seitan and a pinch of salt and cook until browned in places, 4 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle crispy seitan with just half the ras el hanout and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp olive oil). TIP: Add more ras el hanout if you prefer more spice.
Place flatbreads directly on oven rack and toast until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Top toasted flatbreads with crispy seitan, as many quick pickles as you’d like, and tomato. Top the Greek seitan gyros with mint leaves and tzatziki. To eat, fold one side of the flatbread over the other, like a taco. Dig in! TIP: Don’t let the flatbreads get too crispy. They should still be pliable enough to fold.