Smoky Tofu & Sweet Potato Hash
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 mini sweet peppers, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 14 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained, patted dry, and crumbled
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced (pit removed)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ⅓ cup water, cover skillet with a lid, and steam until sweet potato is fork-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion, peppers, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are browned, another 5 to 8 minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, nutritional yeast, paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Divide the sweet potato hash between plates and top with smoky tofu. Serve with avocado.