Souvlaki Grain Bowls
with Garlicky Mushrooms & Tzatziki
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup millet
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 1 cucumber, half grated, half thinly sliced (divided)
- ¼ cup Forager Project® Organic Dairy-free Cashewmilk Yogurt
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 4 oz roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat and add the millet. Toast until millet is aromatic and beginning to pop, 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1½ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and grains are tender, 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, covered. (4-serving meal: use 3 cups water)
Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Add mushrooms, onion, lemon zest, just one garlic clove, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper to the baking sheet, and toss. Roast in the oven until onions and mushrooms are tender and browned, 15 to 20 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: Don’t forget to wash all produce under running water, and wipe mushrooms clean with a damp kitchen towel.
Add grated cucumber, yogurt, mayo, dill, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl and stir the tzatziki. In a separate bowl, combine lemon juice, remaining garlic clove, parsley, roasted red peppers, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir the sweet pepper salsa. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Divide the millet between plates. Top with garlicky mushrooms and onions and sliced cucumber. Drizzle with sweet pepper salsa and tzatziki. Bon appétit!