Spicy Buffalo Tofu Bowls
with Celery Carrot Slaw & Herbed Ranch
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 oz shredded green cabbage
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- ¼ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- ¼ cup vegan ranch salad dressing
- 14 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- ¼ cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add jasmine rice, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and grains are tender, 14 to 16 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water)
Add celery, carrot, cabbage, apple cider vinegar, and turbinado sugar to a medium bowl, and toss the celery carrot slaw. Add parsley and ranch dressing to a small bowl and stir the herbed ranch dressing.
Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until lightly browned and crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add Buffalo sauce and a pinch of salt, and cook until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil)
Divide the cooked rice between bowls. Top with spicy Buffalo tofu and celery carrot slaw. Drizzle with herbed ranch dressing. Dig in!