Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
with Hot Pepper Mayo & Oregano Fries
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 russet potato, cut into ½-inch thick sticks
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 oz pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
- ¼ cup vegan mayo (divided)
- 13.75 oz artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 oz teen spinach
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 oz vegan mozzarella
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine potato, 2 tsp olive oil, just half the oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper on baking sheet and toss. Roast until potatoes are browned and crisp in places, 18 to 20 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil). TIPS: Rotate the baking sheet halfway through to ensure even browning. Keep remaining oregano for your own use.
Stir together just half the pickled jalapeño, just half the mayo, and a pinch of pepper in small bowl. TIP: Use more pickled jalapeño if you prefer more spice.
Heat 1 tsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add just ½ cup artichoke hearts and cook until crispy in places, 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach, stir, and transfer spinach artichoke mixture to bowl. Wipe skillet clean and set aside, off heat. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil, 1 cup artichoke hearts). TIP: Keep remaining artichoke hearts for your own use.
Place 2 sourdough slices on clean work surface and spread just ½ tbsp mayo on each slice. Flip slices over and spread hot pepper mayo on other side. Add some spinach artichoke mixture and mozzarella to each slice and top with remaining sourdough slices. Spread remaining mayo on top of each sandwich. (4-serving meal: place 4 sourdough slices on a flat surface).
Return same skillet to medium heat. Add sandwiches and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. TIP: If bread browns before cheese has melted, lower the heat.
Cut spinach artichoke grilled cheese sandwiches in half and serve with oregano fries and any extra filling. Bon appétit!