Sprouting Broccoli Salads
with Sunflower Seeds & Miso Power Dressing
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup farro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 6 oz broccoli florets, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 6 oz Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 mini sweet peppers, trimmed and thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 oz Castelvetrano olives, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add farro and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan and cover with 1 inch cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook until farro is tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain farro and return to the saucepan, off heat.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, broccoli, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until broccoli is lightly browned and crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Turn off the heat, add lemon zest, and toss. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add just 2 tbsp lemon juice, hemp seeds, white miso paste, ¼ cup water, and 2 tbsp olive oil to a blender. Blend the miso power dressing on high until smooth. Taste, and add salt as necessary. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp lemon juice, ½ cup water, 4 tbsp olive oil)
Add seared broccoli florets, Brussels sprouts, just 3 tbsp miso power dressing, and sunflower seeds to a large bowl. Toss the sprouting broccoli salad. (4-serving meal: use 6 tbsp miso power dressing)
Divide farro between bowls and top with sprouting broccoli salad. Drizzle with remaining miso power dressing. Top with mini sweet peppers and olives. Enjoy!