Sticky Apricot Seitan
with Green Beans & Quinoa Speckled Rice
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup quinoa speckled rice
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 oz green beans, cut in half
- 8 oz seitan, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add the quinoa speckled rice, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and grains are tender, 15 to 18 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water)
Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, green beans, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Add sautéed vegetables to a bowl and cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil) TIP: We will use this skillet again in the next step.
Return the large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tsp vegetable oil. Add seitan and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned in places, 6 to 8 minutes. Add tamari, rice vinegar, apricot preserves, and a pinch of salt, and toss to coat. Cook until the sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. TIP: For the 4-serving meal, cook the seitan in batches and add more oil as necessary. Add all seitan back to the pan before adding the sauce.
Divide the quinoa speckled rice between large plates. Top with carrots and green beans and sticky apricot seitan. Sprinkle with scallion. Dig in!