Stir-Fried Miso Ramen
with Maple Glazed Radishes & Kimchi Slaw
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2.8 oz vegan cabbage kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, white part separated from the green (divided)
- 10 oz fresh ramen noodles
- 6 red radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 oz Swiss chard, stems and leaves thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tsp vegetable broth concentrate
- 1 tsp togarashi
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add kimchi and scallion green to a small bowl and stir to combine. Add ramen noodles to the boiling water, carefully stir to loosen the noodles, and cook until just al dente, 4 to 5 minutes. Reserve ¾ cup cooking water, drain the noodles, and rinse noodles under cool water to stop the cooking process. (4-serving meal: use 1½ cups cooking water)
Add 1 tbsp olive oil and radishes to a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring until lightly browned and crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add maple syrup and cook, stirring often, until the radishes are glazed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tamari and cook until syrupy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add lime zest, lime juice, Swiss chard, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir. Continue to cook until greens are just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: We will reuse this skillet in a later step.
Add miso paste, vegetable broth, and reserved cooking water to a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Add togarashi and a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk again.
Return the large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp vegetable oil, garlic, scallion white, and cook until garlic is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the miso mixture to the pan and simmer until it thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ramen noodles and toss until well coated. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Divide the stir-fried miso ramen between two plates and top with maple glazed radishes and kimchi slaw. Eat up!