Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
with Cucumber Chickpea Salad & Miso Tahini
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 0.5 oz parsley, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, juiced (divided)
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 oz gai lan, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp crushed Aleppo pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add sweet potatoes to a baking sheet and rub each half with 1 tsp olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and roast sweet potatoes, cut side down, until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Gently smash flesh with the back of a fork.
Add chickpeas, cucumber, parsley, just 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a large bowl. Toss the cucumber chickpea salad. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil).
Add just 1 tsp lemon juice, miso paste, tahini, white vinegar, and 2 tbsp water to a medium bowl. Whisk the miso tahini until smooth. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp lemon juice, 4 tbsp water).
Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add gai lan and 2 tbsp water and cook until gai lan is bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil, 4 tbsp water). TIP: Crisp-tender means the vegetables will still have some crunch.
Spread miso tahini on plates and top with sweet potatoes. Add gai lan and cucumber chickpea salad. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and Aleppo pepper. Enjoy!