Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
with Cucumber Chickpea Salad & Miso Tahini
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ½ oz fresh parsley, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, juiced (divided)
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 oz gai lan, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp crushed Aleppo pepper
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add sweet potatoes to a baking sheet and rub each half with 1 tsp olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and roast sweet potatoes, cut side down, until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Add chickpeas, cucumber, parsley, just 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a large bowl. Toss the cucumber chickpea salad. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add just 1 tsp lemon juice, miso paste, tahini, white vinegar, and 2 tbsp water to a medium bowl. Whisk the miso tahini until smooth. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp lemon juice, 4 tbsp water)
Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add gai lan and 2 tbsp water and cook until gai lan is bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste, and add salt and pepper as necessary. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil, 4 tbsp water) TIP: Crisp-tender means the vegetables will still have some crunch.
When the sweet potatoes are finished cooking, slightly mash the flesh with a fork. Spread miso tahini on plates and top with mashed sweet potatoes. Add gai lan and cucumber chickpea salad. Sprinkle the stuffed sweet potatoes with sesame seeds and Aleppo pepper. Tuck in!