Summer Vegetable Ciabatta
with Cashew Cheese & Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 4 mini sweet peppers, halved, stems and seeds removed
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 minced, 1 left whole (divided)
- 2 oz roasted tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- ¼ oz fresh basil, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 2 oz baby arugula
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Set oven to broil on high. Add zucchini, mini sweet peppers, onion, 1 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Broil until vegetables are tender and slightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil) TIP: All broilers are different. Watch carefully to ensure food doesn’t burn.
Add minced garlic, roasted tomatoes, red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium sized bowl. Whisk the roasted tomato vinaigrette. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Slice the ciabatta rolls in half. Broil in the oven, directly on the rack, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Cut the tip off the remaining garlic clove and rub the clove on the toasted ciabatta.
Pour just half of the roasted tomato vinaigrette on the broiled summer vegetables, directly on the baking sheet, and toss. Spread herb garlic cheese on the bottom half of each toasted ciabatta roll. Add vegetables to the toasted ciabatta and top with basil. Add baby arugula to the remaining vinaigrette and toss. Serve arugula salad alongside the summer vegetable ciabatta. Dig in!