Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos
with Peach Kimchi & Citrus Aioli
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, unpeeled, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 peach, thinly sliced (pit removed)
- 4 oz vegan cabbage kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 oz shredded green cabbage
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potato, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until crispy and fork-tender, 10 to 13 minutes.
Add peach and kimchi to a medium bowl and toss to combine.
Add just 1 tsp lemon zest, just 2 tsp lemon juice, mayo, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl. Whisk the citrus aioli. TIP: Keep remaining lemon zest and juice for your own use.
Add black beans and ½ cup water to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mash half the beans with a fork and cook until water has reduced and mixture begins to thicken, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and transfer to a bowl. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in the oven until heated through, 5 to 6 minutes. TIP: If you have a gas stove, you can heat the tortillas directly over a low flame. Use tongs to flip the tortillas until warmed through and lightly browned on both sides. You can also wrap tortillas in a clean dish towel and warm in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to soften.
Divide the sweet potato black bean tacos between plates. Top with peach kimchi, scallion, and shredded green cabbage. Drizzle with citrus aioli. Enjoy!