Tahini Bulgur Bowls
with Charred Broccolini & Crispy Lemon Tofu
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup bulgur wheat
- 6 oz broccolini, stems trimmed
- 4 oz grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp agave
- 14 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 3.5 oz sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add ⅔ cup water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add bulgur, remove saucepan from heat, cover, and let rest until water is fully absorbed, 14 to 16 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1⅓ cups water)
Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccolini, tomatoes, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until broccolini is lightly charred and the tomatoes blister, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil) TIP: We will use this skillet again in a later step.
Add garlic, just 2 tsp ginger, just half the lemon juice, tahini, tamari, and agave to a medium bowl. Whisk the tahini dressing to combine. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp ginger) TIPS: If necessary, add water to thin the dressing. Keep any remaining ginger for your own use.
Slice the tofu into 1-inch cubes. Return the large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add tofu and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until tofu is browned in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add lemon zest and remaining lemon juice, and toss. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil)
Divide the bulgur between bowls. Add charred broccolini and blistered tomatoes. Top with crispy lemon tofu and sauerkraut. Drizzle with tahini dressing. Tuck in!