Tandoori Sweet Potato Sandwich
with Kale & Cucumber Raita
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 oz Forager® Project Cashewgurt®
- 3 cucumbers, thinly sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp agave
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 oz curly kale, destemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 oz tomato chutney
- Salt and pepper*
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potato, 2 tsp vegetable oil, curry powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Roast until sweet potatoes are tender, 22 to 26 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Add yogurt, cucumbers, lime zest, lime juice, and agave to a medium bowl and mix to combine. Taste, and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Add 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, and kale to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until kale is wilted, 4 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer kale to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: You’ll use the skillet again in the next step.
Add 1 tbsp olive oil and cumin seeds to a small bowl, and stir to combine. Brush cumin oil onto both sides of the sourdough bread slices, making sure to get cumin seeds on the bread. Add oiled bread to a skillet over medium-high heat and toast until golden brown on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Place toast on a flat surface, and divide sweet potatoes between two slices. Divide just half the cucumber raita between the sandwiches. Top with kale and tomato chutney, and close sandwiches with the remaining slices of toast.
Cut the sandwiches in half, and divide sandwiches between plates. Serve with remaining cucumber raita. Enjoy!