Thai Jungle Curry
with Jasmine Rice & Toasted Lime Cashews
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 lime, zested, half juiced, half cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and cut into ½-inch strips
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 4 oz green beans
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp panang curry paste
- 1 tbsp tomato powder
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- ¼ oz fresh basil, leaves picked from the stem
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add jasmine rice, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the grains are tender and water is absorbed, 14 to 16 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water)
Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cashews and toast until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add toasted cashews, lime zest, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl, and toss. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil) TIP: We’ll use this skillet again in the next step.
Return the skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add red bell pepper, cremini mushrooms, green beans, and a pinch of salt. Cook, undisturbed, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: Crisp-tender means the vegetables will still have some crunch.
Lower the heat to medium and add ginger, garlic, panang curry paste, and tomato powder, and stir to combine. Add turbinado sugar and ¾ cup water and bring to a simmer. Add lime juice and basil leaves and continue to cook until the curry thickens slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1 ½ cups water)
Divide rice and Thai jungle curry between bowls. Top with toasted lime cashews and lime wedges. Tuck in!