Thai Lemongrass Soup
with Crispy Mushrooms & Tofu
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup quinoa speckled rice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 oz ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- 1 Not-Chick'n™ Bouillon Cube
- 1 lemongrass stalk, halved crosswise
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 10 oz organic extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add rice, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and grains are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Add lime juice to the cooked rice and fluff with a fork. Cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water).
In a second small saucepan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot, ginger, garlic, and a pinch of salt and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add coconut milk, bouillon cube, and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Add lemongrass and tomato and let simmer until step 4. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil, 3 cups water). TIP: Crush the halved lemongrass stalk to release more flavor.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, tofu, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until tofu is browned in places, 5 to 8 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp vegetable oil).
Remove lemongrass from the soup and discard. Divide cooked rice between bowls. Ladle Thai lemongrass soup on top and add crispy mushrooms and tofu. Top with scallion. Soup’s on!