Thai Vegetable Corn Chowder
with Basil & Lime
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp panang curry paste
- 6 oz Yukon Gold potatoes, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 13.4 oz sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 Not-Chick'n™ Bouillon Cube
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- 1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges
- ¼ oz fresh basil, leaves picked and torn
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add shallot, ginger, garlic, and a pinch of salt, and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cremini mushrooms, red bell pepper, and panang curry paste, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: If you’re sensitive to spice, use less curry paste.
Add potatoes, corn, bouillon cube, coconut milk, and 1½ cups water to the large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and let chowder simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water)
Add lime juice to the chowder. Ladle the Thai vegetable corn chowder into bowls. Top with basil and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!