with Roasted Brussels & Classic Gravy
Get Recipes Delivered
- 8 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 4 oz coleslaw blend
- 1 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 0.25 oz sage, leaves picked
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour (divided)
- 4 tsp vegetable broth concentrate
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine Brussels sprouts, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper on baking sheet and toss. Roast until browned and crisp in places, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil).
Combine apple, coleslaw, vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper in large bowl and toss.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sage and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove toasted sage with slotted spoon, transfer to cutting board, and roughly chop. In small bowl, stir together chopped sage, mayo, and a pinch of salt. Leave sage oil in saucepan. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil).
Return saucepan with sage oil to medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add just 1½ tsp flour and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add ½ cup water, broth concentrate, ½ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer until gravy thickens, 5 to 7 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1 tbsp flour, 1 cup water). TIP: Keep remaining flour for your own use.
Place ciabatta rolls, cut side up, directly on oven rack and toast for 2 to 4 minutes. Spread sage mayo on bottom half of each toasted roll. Top with roasted Brussels sprouts and apple slaw. Spread cranberry sauce on top half of each roll and close sandwiches.
Serve Thanksgiving sandwiches with remaining apple slaw, sage mayo, cranberry sauce, and classic gravy for dipping. Eat up!