Tropical Grain Bowls
with Pan-Seared Avocado & Mango Vinaigrette
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup bulgur wheat
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ oz fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp agave
- 6 oz Lacinato kale, destemmed, leaves finely sliced
- 1 avocado, halved (pit removed)
- 2 oz shredded red cabbage
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pecans
- 4 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add ⅔ cup water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add bulgur wheat, cover, and remove from heat. Let bulgur rest until grains are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add mango, garlic, cilantro, white vinegar, agave, 2 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large bowl, and stir to combine. Taste the mango vinaigrette and add salt as necessary.
Add sliced kale to the bowl with the mango vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle each avocado half with salt. Place avocado halves cut side down in the skillet and let cook, undisturbed, until well browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Divide the bulgur wheat between bowls. Add marinated kale, red cabbage, pumpkin seeds, and pecans. Top the tropical grain bowls with pan seared avocado. Dig in!