Walnut Crusted Artichokes
with Dijon Lentils & Broccolini
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup French green lentils, rinsed and sorted
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo
- 13.75 oz artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 4 oz roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 oz broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add French green lentils, 2 cups water, and a pinch of salt to a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain any remaining water and add cooked lentils to a medium bowl. (4-serving meal: use 4 cups water) TIP: To “sort” the lentils (as noted in the ingredient list) means to look for and discard any naturally occurring debris or stones.
Add walnuts, parsley, mayo, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl, and stir to combine.
Position oven rack in the middle and set the oven to broil on low. Add artichoke hearts, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Broil until artichoke heart edges are crispy, 4 to 6 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: All broilers are different. Watch carefully to ensure food doesn’t burn.
Add roasted red peppers, shallot, Champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, and 2 tbsp olive oil to the cooked lentils. Stir the Dijon lentils, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp olive oil)
Move roasted artichoke hearts to one side of the baking sheet and top with walnut mixture. Add broccolini to the other side of the baking sheet, toss in the residual oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until walnut crust is toasted and broccolini is browned in places, 3 to 5 minutes.
Sprinkle lemon zest on the roasted artichokes and broccolini. Divide Dijon lentils and broccolini between plates. Top with walnut crusted artichokes. Serve with lemon wedges. Dig in!