White Bean Cassoulet
with Smoky Cremini Mushrooms & Basil Pesto
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 13.4 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp vegetable broth concentrate
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.25 oz tarragon, leaves picked from the stems
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half cut into wedges
- 2 oz baby arugula
- 2 tbsp vegan basil pesto
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook vegetables until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil). TIP: Use a large saucepan for the 4-serving meal.
Add cannellini beans, vegetable broth concentrate, ¼ tsp salt, and ½ cup water and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to an 8x8 baking dish and top with parmesan. Bake white bean cassoulet until lightly browned, 18 to 24 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1 cup water).
Return the same saucepan to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Add paprika and ¼ tsp salt, toss, and remove from heat. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt).
Add tarragon leaves, just 2 tsp lemon juice, arugula, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large bowl and toss herb salad to combine. Drizzle pesto over white bean cassoulet. Serve cassoulet family-style with smoky cremini mushrooms, herb salad, and lemon wedges on the side. Bon appétit! (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp lemon juice).