Wild Rice Pilaf
with Polenta Dusted Sweet Potatoes & Chipotle Scallion Aioli
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup wild rice blend
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp polenta
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart® Soy-Free Vegenaise®
- 1 oz chipotle pepper in adobo, drained and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced (divided)
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced (pit removed)
- 6 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 oz Peppadew® peppers
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add wild rice blend,1½ cups water, and pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and grains are tender, 28 to 32 minutes.
Add sweet potato, polenta, 1 tbsp olive oil, and ½ tsp salt to a large bowl, and toss to combine.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Add sweet potato fries (and any leftover polenta) to the baking sheet. Roast until wedges are slightly browned and crisp in places, 35 to 40 minutes, gently flipping wedges halfway through.
Add Vegenaise, 1 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo, garlic, scallion, 1 tsp lemon juice, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl and stir to combine. TIP: Add more chipotle pepper in adobo if you prefer.
Add avocado, tomatoes, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 2 tsp olive oil to a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and gently toss the avocado tomato salad to combine.
Divide the rice, avocado tomato salad, and sweet potatoes between bowls. Top with chipotle scallion aioli and sprinkle with Peppadew peppers. Bon appétit!