with Root Vegetables & Garlic Toasts
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 tbsp Treeline® Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 6 oz cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 8 oz root vegetable blend
- 2 tsp French mustard & herb blend
- 4 tsp vegetable broth concentrate
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add sour cream, horseradish, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl. Stir the horseradish cream and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and just half the garlic. Cook until onion is softened, 3 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add cauliflower, root vegetable blend, French mustard & herb blend, vegetable broth concentrate, ¾ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and 2 cups water to the pot with onion and garlic. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and let chowder simmer until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, 4 cups water)
Once vegetables are tender, add just half the chowder to a blender. Blend on low until vegetables are puréed, 1 to 3 minutes. Return puréed chowder to the pot and stir to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. TIP: Vent blender (by removing the plastic center of the lid) and begin blending on low and finish on high to avoid splashing. Work in batches for the 4-serving meal.
Set oven to broil on low for the bread. Halve the ciabatta lengthwise. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil on bread and top with remaining minced garlic and a pinch of salt. Toast directly on oven rack, oiled side up, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove garlic toasts from oven and cut into triangles. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Ladle the winter chowder with root vegetables into bowls and dollop with horseradish cream. Serve with garlic toasts. Soup’s on!