Black Bean Bowls
with Carrot Poblano Quinoa & Spicy Ranch Dressing
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced (divided)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 avocado, halved and diced, pit removed
- 1 lime, juiced (divided)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp Alamo chili seasoning
- ¼ cup vegan ranch dressing
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add quinoa, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the spirals burst and water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water)
Reserve just 1 tbsp onion. Add remaining onion, carrot, poblano pepper, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Roast until vegetables are tender and browned in places, 15 to 18 minutes. (4-serving meal: reserve 2 tbsp onion, use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Add reserved onion, avocado, just half the lime juice, and pumpkin seeds to a medium bowl, and mix.
Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add black beans, Alamo chili seasoning, and ½ cup water. Bring beans to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Add remaining lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil, 1 cup water)
Add ranch dressing and hot sauce to a small bowl. Whisk the spicy ranch dressing until smooth. TIP: If you’re sensitive to heat, use less hot sauce.
Fluff quinoa with a fork, add roasted vegetables, and stir to combine. Taste, and add salt as necessary. Divide the carrot poblano quinoa between large bowls and top with black beans, avocado salsa, and spicy ranch dressing. Bon appétit!