Herby Walnut Penne
with Olives & Zucchini Ribbons
Get Recipes Delivered
- 5 oz gluten-free penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp red chile flakes (divided)
- 2 oz Castelvetrano olives, chopped
- ½ oz fresh parsley
- ¼ oz fresh oregano
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp golden raisins, soaked in hot water
- 1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- Salt and pepper*
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Add pasta, stir, and cook until al dente, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain pasta and set aside.
Return the large pot to the stove with 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add garlic and walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until garlic is fragrant and walnuts begin to toast, 1 to 2 minutes. Add just half the red chile flakes, olives, parsley, oregano, and lemon zest, and stir to combine. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp olive oil)
Drain the raisins, discarding the soaking water. Add pasta and raisins to the large pot. Stir until pasta is coated in the herby walnut mixture. Cover to keep warm.
Add remaining red chile flakes, lemon juice, zucchini, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil to a medium bowl and toss. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Divide the herby walnut penne between bowls and top with zucchini ribbons. Enjoy!