Korean Tofu Tacos
with Kimchi Slaw & Cilantro
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 10 oz organic extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 oz coleslaw blend
- 4 oz vegan kimchi, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo
- 6 corn tortillas
- ½ oz fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add garlic, just 2 tsp ginger, gochujang, peanut butter, tamari, turbinado sugar, sesame oil, and 2 tbsp warm water to a medium bowl. Whisk the gochujang sauce. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp ginger, 4 tbsp warm water) TIPS: The oven will be used to warm the tortillas. You can use a toaster oven or microwave instead if you prefer. Save any remaining ginger for your own use.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until crispy in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Add gochujang sauce and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil)
Add coleslaw blend, kimchi, mayo, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large bowl. Toss the kimchi slaw to combine.
Wrap tortillas in foil and place them in the oven to warm, 4 to 5 minutes. Divide warm tortillas between plates and top with Korean tofu and kimchi slaw. Top the Korean tofu tacos with cilantro. 잘 먹겠습니다