Cacio e Pepe
with Roasted Broccolini & Crispy Chickpeas
Get Recipes Delivered
- 6 oz broccolini, ends trimmed
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 oz gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Add broccolini, chickpeas, 1 tbsp olive oil, and pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until broccolini is tender and chickpeas are crispy, 18 to 20 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil).
Add pasta to the boiling water, stir, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve 1½ cups pasta water and drain the pasta. (4-serving meal: reserve 3 cups pasta water).
Add miso paste, cashew butter, nutritional yeast, and just 1 cup reserved pasta water to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups reserved pasta water). TIP: Add more pasta water, 1 tbsp at a time, if the sauce is too thick.
Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and 1 tsp pepper and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add sauce and whisk to combine. Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp black pepper).
Add pasta to the skillet and stir to combine. Divide the cacio e pepe pasta between bowls. Top with roasted broccolini and crispy chickpeas. Drizzle with lemon juice and add a pinch of lemon zest to each bowl. Bon appétit!