Crispy Quinoa Cakes
with Rosemary Mushrooms & Lemony Arugula
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup white quinoa
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 3 garlic cloves, 1 minced, 2 roughly chopped (divided)
- 1 lemon, juiced (divided)
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart® Soy-Free Vegenaise®
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp French mustard & herb blend
- ½ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ oz fresh rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 4 oz baby arugula
- 1 Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add quinoa, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and grains are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. In a small bowl, combine ground flaxseed meal and 2 tbsp warm water, whisk, and set aside.
Add minced garlic, just half the lemon juice, Vegenaise, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl. Mix the garlic aioli.
Add cooked quinoa, flaxseed mixture, chopped garlic, shallot, French mustard & herb blend, breadcrumbs, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until combined, scraping down the sides of the food processor as necessary. Form quinoa mixture into 6 cakes, each about ½ inch thick. TIP: We suggest wetting your hands before forming the cakes.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and rosemary and cook until browned in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate. Return skillet to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp vegetable oil and add quinoa cakes. Cook until browned and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes per side. TIP: Add more oil as necessary to crisp the cakes.
Add baby arugula, pear, and remaining lemon juice to a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss, and divide lemony arugula between plates. Top with crispy quinoa cakes and rosemary mushrooms. Drizzle with garlic aioli. Enjoy!