Italian Sausage Grinder
with Giardiniera Aioli & Herb Roasted Potatoes
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 russet potato, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 vegan Italian sausages, plastic casing removed and sliced
- 1 oz pickled jalapeños, minced
- 1 oz curried pickled cauliflower, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 2 ciabatta bread rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add potato wedges, 1 tbsp olive oil, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a foil-lined baking sheet and toss. Roast until wedges are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: Turn the oven to broil for toasting the rolls when the sausages and potatoes are done.
Add red bell pepper, onion, sausages, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a second foil-lined baking sheet and toss. Roast until sausages are slightly crispy and pepper and onion are browned at the edges, 20 to 22 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
In a small bowl, add pickled jalapeños, pickled cauliflower, garlic, and mayo and stir to combine.
Toast ciabatta rolls in the oven, directly on the rack, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
Divide sausages between ciabatta rolls. Top with pepper, onion, and as much giardiniera aioli as you’d like. Serve with herb roasted potatoes and any remaining aioli. Enjoy!