Buffalo Tempeh Quinoa Bowls
with Roasted Peppers & Dill Sour Cream
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed, deseeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, trimmed, deseeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 oz tempeh
- ¼ cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 2 radishes, trimmed and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add quinoa, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until spirals burst and water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water)
Add red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Roast until tender and slightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble tempeh and add to the skillet along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown and crisp in places, 4 to 5 minutes. Add Buffalo sauce and cook until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: Black or gray patches on tempeh are natural products of fermentation, and safe to eat.
Add garlic, sour cream, dill, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk the dill sour cream.
Divide the quinoa between bowls and add Buffalo tempeh. Top the Buffalo tempeh quinoa bowls with roasted vegetables, celery, cucumber, and radish. Dollop with dill sour cream. Tuck in!