Buffalo Tempeh Tacos
with Celery Radish Slaw & Lettuce Cups
Get Recipes Delivered
- ⅓ cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 8 oz tempeh, sliced into ¼-inch thick strips
- 1½ tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup vegan ranch dressing
- 1 head baby romaine lettuce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add hot sauce and butter to a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk Buffalo sauce until butter is melted and remove saucepan from heat. Add tempeh to Buffalo sauce and stir. Remove tempeh from saucepan, gently shake to remove excess sauce, and transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until crispy, 20 to 22 minutes. Reserve any remaining sauce. TIPS: You will use this saucepan again in the next step. If you don’t have foil, add 2 tsp oil to the baking sheet instead (though tempeh may stick slightly).
Wipe the saucepan clean. Heat pumpkin seeds, 1 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt over medium heat. Cook until crispy and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil)
Add celery, scallion, radish, and ranch dressing to a large bowl and toss the celery radish slaw.
Place baby romaine lettuce leaves on plates and top with Buffalo tempeh and celery radish slaw. Drizzle the Buffalo tempeh tacos with any remaining Buffalo sauce and toasted pumpkin seeds. Bon appétit!