Farmers’ Market Tofu Scramble
with Mushrooms & Spinach
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 oz cremini mushroom, thinly sliced
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 14 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 8.8 oz precooked brown rice
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 oz roasted tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook until onion is lightly browned and softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add baby spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Set cooked vegetables aside.
Return the skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Crumble the tofu. Add tofu, turmeric, ½ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper to the skillet. Cook until tofu is lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Make a small tear at the top of the brown rice bag and microwave bag for 1 minute. Divide rice, vegetables, and tofu between bowls, and top with jalapeño and roasted tomatoes.