Gnocchi Al Pesto
with Charred Green Beans & Lemon Zucchini
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and peeled lengthwise into ribbons
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper flakes
- 6 oz green beans, cut in half
- 10 oz fresh gnocchi
- ¼ cup vegan basil pesto
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the gnocchi. In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, lemon juice, Aleppo pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and toss to combine.
Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans and cook until browned in places, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ¼ cup water, reduce heat to low, and cook green beans until crisp-tender, another 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle charred green beans with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil, ½ cup water) TIP: We will use this skillet again in a later step.
Add gnocchi to the large pot of boiling water and cook until they float to the surface, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the gnocchi and shake to remove any excess water.
Return the large nonstick skillet to medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add cooked gnocchi and sauté, undisturbed, until browned in places, 2 to 4 minutes. Return charred green beans to the skillet, add pesto, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: If the pesto is too thick, add 1 tbsp warm water to create a thinner consistency.
Divide the gnocchi al pesto with charred green beans between bowls. Serve with lemon zucchini and lemon wedges. Mangia!