with Roasted Broccoli & Basil Pesto
Get Recipes Delivered
- 6 oz mafaldine pasta
- 6 oz broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tsp red chile flakes
- 1/4 cup vegan basil pesto
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add mafaldine and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and return to the pot, off heat.
Add broccoli, 1 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until browned and crisp in places, 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil).
Add panko breadcrumbs, 2 tsp olive oil, and ¼ tsp salt to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until breadcrumbs are golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer toasted breadcrumbs to a small bowl. Wipe saucepan clean. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt).
Add 2 tsp olive oil to the same saucepan over medium-high heat, Add onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until onion is softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning blend, just ⅛ tsp red chile flakes, and ½ tsp salt. Cook the arrabbiata sauce until it begins to simmer, 3 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil, ¼ tsp red chile flakes, 1 tsp salt). TIPS: Add more red chile flakes if you prefer more spice.
Add arrabbiata sauce to the pot with the mafaldine and stir. Divide the mafaldine arrabbiata between large bowls. Serve with roasted broccoli and top with toasted panko breadcrumbs, basil pesto, and parmesan. Dig in!