Penne alla Puttanesca
with Blistered Tomatoes & Lemon Cashew Ricotta
Get Recipes Delivered
- 5 oz dried gluten-free penne pasta
- 4 oz grape tomatoes
- 3 oz mojo rojo sauce
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 1 tbsp tomato powder
- 2 oz teen spinach
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- 0.25 oz basil, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. Add penne and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup pasta water, drain pasta, and set aside. (4-serving meal: reserve ½ cup pasta water).
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in same pot over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook until beginning to burst, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in mojo rojo, olives, capers, golden raisins, tomato powder, and reserved pasta water and cook until sauce begins to simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Add penne and spinach and stir to wilt spinach. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil).
Stir together garlic herb cheese, lemon zest, just 1 tsp lemon juice, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper in small bowl. Divide penne alla puttanesca with blistered tomatoes between bowls and dollop with lemon cashew ricotta. Dig in!