with Tarragon Hazelnut Relish & Lemon Caper Millet
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- ½ cup millet
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- 0.25 oz fresh tarragon, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 broccoli crown, florets and stem thinly sliced
- 4 oz broccoli rabe, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced (divided)
- 2 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add millet and toast until aromatic and beginning to pop, 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1 cup water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed and grains are tender, 17 to 20 minutes. Remove cooked millet from heat and set aside, covered.
Place a large skillet over medium heat and add hazelnuts. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until nuts are toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Let nuts cool and transfer to a cutting board. Remove skins and roughly chop nuts. Add chopped hazelnuts, tarragon, garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl. Stir the tarragon hazelnut relish. TIP: The hazelnut skins should slip off easily once toasted.
Return the skillet to medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add broccoli rabe and cook until bright green and just wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and add just half the lemon juice.
Fluff the millet with a fork. Add remaining lemon juice, capers, raisins, and a pinch of salt to the millet and stir. Divide the lemon caper millet between plates. Top with Sicilian-style broccoli and tarragon hazelnut relish. Buon appetito!