7 Surprising Things About Vitamin C
by Purple Carrot
A lot of people drink orange juice to get vitamin C, but maybe they should be drinking … broccoli juice instead?
Here are some surprising things you may not know about this versatile vitamin.
1. Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid.
2. It’s an antioxidant that helps form blood vessels, muscle, cartilage, and collagen, plus
it aids your body’s healing process.
3. It might even help protect your cells from free radicals, which are thought to play a
role in heart disease, cancer, and other diseases.
4. Vitamin C helps your body absorb and store iron.
5. Your body doesn’t produce vitamin C. Instead, you need to get it from your diet.
You can find it in citrus fruits, berries, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, Brussels
sprouts, broccoli, and spinach.
6. Brussels sprouts and broccoli have more vitamin C per serving than oranges!
7. Vitamin C is great for your skin. It can help repair sun damage, and it supports the
production of collagen and elastin.