Blood Orange Poke Bowls
with Quinoa Speckled Rice & Sea Lettuce Dressing
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup quinoa speckled rice
- 6 oz broccolini
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp kibbled nori (divided)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp (4 tsp) vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- Directions for 4 servings indicated in parentheses.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add quinoa speckled rice, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the grains are tender and water is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water)
Add broccolini, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until browned and crispy in places, 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Add the sesame oil, tamari, rice vinegar, and just half the kibbled nori to a medium bowl, and whisk the sea lettuce dressing.
Divide the quinoa speckled rice between bowls. Top with roasted broccolini, cucumber, avocado, and blood orange. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and remaining kibbled nori. Drizzle the blood orange poke bowls with sea lettuce dressing. Tuck in!