Caribbean Sweet Potatoes
with Coconut Rice & Mango Salsa
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1 red onion, minced, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 1 lime, zested, one half juiced, one half wedged
- 13.4 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp (2 tbsp) vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- Directions for 4 servings indicated in parentheses.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potato, 2 tsp vegetable oil, jerk seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until wedges are crisp and browned in places, 18 to 20 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add just half the onion and just half the garlic. Cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil)
Add basmati rice, coconut milk, ½ tsp salt, and ⅓ cup water to the saucepan with the onion and garlic. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1 tsp salt, ⅔ cup water)
Add remaining onion, remaining garlic, mango, parsley, lime juice, ¼ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper to a large bowl. Toss the mango salsa to combine. (4-serving meal: use ½ tsp salt)
Add lime zest and beans to the coconut rice, stir, and divide between large bowls. Top with Caribbean sweet potatoes and mango salsa. Serve with lime wedges. Dig in!