Roasted Carrot Hummus Bowls
with Za’atar Vegetables & Cashew Cheese
Get Recipes Delivered
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and cut into 4-inch sticks
- 1 tbsp za'atar seasoning (divided)
- ½ cup millet
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced (divided)
- 13.4 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (divided)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 oz red piquanté peppers
- 1 cucumber, sliced diagonally
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, trimmed and leaves separated
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add carrot to one side of a baking sheet and zucchini to the other side. Drizzle vegetables with 1 tbsp olive oil, add just half the za’atar seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss. Roast vegetables until tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
Add millet to a small saucepan and toast over medium-high heat until aromatic and beginning to pop. Add 1 cup water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until grains are tender and water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
Add roasted za’atar carrots, garlic, just 2 tbsp lemon juice, just half the cannellini beans, tahini, and ½ tsp salt to a food processor and pulse to combine. With the motor running, slowly add 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp water. Blend the roasted carrot hummus until smooth. TIP: Add more oil or water as needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
Add remaining lemon juice to the cooked millet. Divide roasted carrot hummus between large bowls. Top with millet, remaining cannellini beans, roasted za’atar zucchini sticks, peppers, and cucumber. Dollop with herb garlic cheese and sprinkle with remaining za’atar seasoning. Serve with romaine leaves on the side for dipping or making roll-ups. Enjoy!